View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 11:30 AM
Wintersewer

I have never heard of a machine without a foot pedal (Yes, I know some have a button one can use ALSO, but it still has a foot pedal that controls the speed.) Of course, it has that "speed control"!!!!.. I meant a slide....a "governor, sort of, that allows the machine to go just so fast no matter how hard one presses on the foot pedal. Wasn't that obvious??????? Does anyone not know this??????

I bought the machine on Amazon, brand new and it came with a manual. I've been practicing and have mostly learned to sew slowly, except for starting, that requires pressing what I consider rather hard. I normally sew on either upper level machines or well oiled vintage machines and they start off without a jerk. Youtube videos show that the demonstrators start the same way I do, so I guess that's just how the machine operates. I made a few sleeves and hemmed them successfully, so I think I'm all set.

Thank you to everyone who tried to help. :-)

Originally Posted by caspharm View Post
Do you have the manual which I found online(http://janome.com/siteassets/support...x-enspfr.pdf)? According to the index, it says the speed control info is on page 6. According to the manual, the foot pedal is the speed control. It looks like lindaschipper is right, call the dealer.