Old 04-18-2017, 11:56 AM
Cactus Stitchin

Default Finally it's time to share what I been working on lately.

These are a few of the projects I've been working on the past few months. First is a quilt for my DGD, the pattern is 'My Sweet Heart Quilt' by Pleasant Valley Creations. I made the mistake of first making her a pillowcase using the white (very directional) fabric which was fine for a pillowcase but when she asked for a quilt to go with it, with that beautiful smile, I knew I was in trouble. Oh well, it seems to have worked and she is excited about her quilt. The quilting was done Bev's Cottage Rose Quilting (Mesa, AZ) and is done in a butterfly and heart motif.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]571698[/ATTACH]
To go with it I also made a 12 x 16 pillow for her based on a KimberBell pattern that I had seen made up in a LQS.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]571699[/ATTACH]
In between these projects I also completed an Easter wall hanging from my scraps from the Hoppy Easter pattern from the Little Quilt Company. I like how it turned out but frankly some of the color choices were strictly due to it being scrappy. On this one I didn't care for pattern decorations on the yellow and blue eggs so they were modified to suit my taste. The hardest part of making this one was the intentionally wonky squares in the border; we work so hard to cut and sew straight seams that it really bothered my OCD side.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]571700[/ATTACH]
In the middle of this I also made a Fold N Stitch Leaf Topper.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]571702[/ATTACH]
Lastly, a last minute birthday gift for friend. Although you can't see it, there are two potholders......
[ATTACH=CONFIG]571701[/ATTACH]
Thank you for taking the time to look!
Attached Thumbnails norah-quilt-r.jpg   norah-pillow-r.jpg   easter-wallhanging-r.jpg   dream-catcher-r.jpg   fold-n-stitch-leaf-topper-r.jpg