Thread: April - Boom 18
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 04:31 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Did he live in the same town Terri?? My ex lives in California..havent seen him since 1988.. Doesnt know about his 2 grandsons....I got a call the other day from a LA County police wanting to know if I was David Baysingers sister.. I laughed and said no but I was married to him. He has been sick and wanting to come back to Missouri. I asked the police how they got my phone number and his remark was "we are the police we have access to things like that". (mines a cell phone). I gave the info to my son who hasnt seen him since 1988 when he was 6...leaving it up to him what to do. He chose not to have any contact with him..thats a lot of years of no contact but an occasional letter over the years...I figured at 33 hes old enough to make the decision himself..Im feeling he made the right one!
That's really sad too, Joan. I think your son made the right decision. My hubby and his next younger sister had nothing to do with their biological dad. He was abusive to their mother and she divorced him when they were very small. DH once went to meet him when he was a teenager, but I think he was very disappointed. His sister never wanted to know him or have anything to do with him. It's sad when men don't realize what they have in their children and families. Without them, they have nothing. My husband would never have left his children for anything... so glad he is nothing like his real dad.