Old 04-19-2017, 06:50 PM
d.rickman

Default Making quilt labels using your computer and inkjet printer.

I am inspired by reading Boston 1954 label information, and now have a better idea of the information which I could include for the quilts I make. Thanks Boston 1954!

Here is my process for making labels.

I make my labels for the quilts, using my computer and using windows along with the paint program.

I find a picture from my own files, or on the internet sometimes the free webshots site have great pictures, save the picture to my computer, then open with the paint program, and make changes which allow me to make it more personal, by inserting text, resizing the label so it will fit nicely on the quilt. Changing the color of the background or the text. When I have finished all the text on the label, need to save it to my computer, so I can make more changes if necessary

Then I cut a plain piece of cotton fabric 8.5 x 11 inches which I have soaked in bubblejet, dried and ironed onto the wax side of freezer paper - which has also been, cut to letter size as indicated above, then I can run it through my inkjet printer - Laser printers will not work.
Peel off the paper and press to set the ink.[ATTACH=CONFIG]571734[/ATTACH] Turn over the edges and stitch onto the q[ATTACH=CONFIG]571746[/ATTACH]uilt back.
Attached Thumbnails quilt-label-sage-green.jpg   bob-judson-quilt-label-feb-9-2017-img_1166.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-20-2017 at 07:09 AM. Reason: bottom pic not required facing sideways