Old 04-20-2017, 05:54 PM
pewa88

Default Inquiry into a lift table for my sewing machine?

I usually do not share personal info on public forums but I need some input on some adjustments I need to make so I can continue to sew (piecing and garment sewing). I have chronic thoracic shoulder pain in my back. This has been progressing from bad to worse for several years and I finally sought medical help. I was diagnosed with overuse of these muscles in the shoulder from spending time at the sewing machine. This is not just found with people that sew but anyone who sits in certain positions at desks etc. I will be doing PT twice a week for a month and then exercises from now on. My question is concerning any type of lift table for my domestic machine , I am going to try to sew standing up. My husband thinks this will help and we are looking for a table that can be extended up and down so I can sit or stand. Fortunately this pain is not so bad when I use the longarm unless I have to reach a lot during basting. I will be able to remedy that somewhat by rolling the quilt sandwich closer to me. Any help and recommendations concerning this is appreciated. Thanks.