View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 03:03 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

Easy process. I use 3 cans of pickled beets per dozen eggs. Boil the eggs then peel. Put aside. Drain the juice of the canned pickled beets into a sauce pan. I also use plain canned beets to which I add equal parts sugar and apple cider vinegar to the juice of the beets. Bring the beet juice to a boil then add the vinegar and sugar (it mixes and dissolves easier. You can heat the beets in your microwave. After heating the beets put a layer of beets in a large bowl (with a cover). Put your peeled eggs on top then cover with the remaining beets. Pour your hot juice on top of the beets and eggs. Let sit in fridge for at least 24 hours if you can wait that long. If you use a large glass container temper the glass by running hot water along the outside of the glass. I use to use a large "sun tea" jar. now I Use a large Tupper/Rubbermaid bowl. I don't add any water to the liquid mixture. You'd be surprised how much juice is in mix. You can also add sugar or vinegar to taste, depending on the sweetness or savoryness of flavor you want Some call them "sweet and sour" beet eggs.
Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Best of everything in your new home! Ok, I give up, what are beet eggs?