View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 08:20 AM
barbarakibler23

Hello everyone...

sorry about the week long hiatus. April is not my favorite time of the year but it has brought me some to love.... my son and his son share the same April birthday and my daughter in law is also an April girl. <3

And many friends that I have met from this swap over the years. <3 I have all you ladies on my blessings list <3.

So I have caught up on this thread....love the April birdie square Pinkflowers!
I hope everyone is enjoying working on their birdie quilt. Please post photo's on this thread.

Organizing my squares........that is a hard one! I have been doing this swap 4 or5 years (can't remember) and I have done some of the swaps that SheriR hosted, so I think I have a million squares....not really but there is a hole bunch! I LOVE these little squares and have always been drawn to quilts with candies in them. So I do use them. I have made 4 quilts of various sizes and other crafty items. (stockings).

Back to organizing them.......... I do have this really tall stack that connects to each other ....it is really cool.. they are divide by color. Some of my squares go in there. When I work on a project and looking for a certain color I will take out maybe 3 colors at a time. The color I need and two others (usually that I see a lot of) they are the ones that make it into the bins.
I also save batiks, childrens and holidays separately.

Also.....when I am making a quilt I have "leaders and enders" that I use from a random pile. Someday (pretty soon) this will become a quilt of ALL candy squares!!!

But I really like Jane Quilters quote "Try to dream about how to use them, not store them" <3

sorry for the sideways photo
Attached Thumbnails bins.jpg