Thread: April - Boom 18
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 09:39 AM
ibex94

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
Ok You're going to laugh at me. My husband was admiring all the blocks and he said you're in trouble, these blocks are all squares and triangles, I've never seen you make a block with squares and triangles in it. I pulled out Marietta's, Ibex, and Billi's blocks so he wouldn't be too concerned. I bet he was thinking, at least they're a few others like her in this boom.

Five of these blocks will get hand embroidery and beading on them. All of them will get special FMQ on them. Thank goodness I'm much better at FMQ than piecing. We have a three week vacation in the van so lots of time for the hand sewing. Then they will be made into three 'sister' quilts that will honor my sister and father be used for wall hangings. I'll put a picture up when they're done.

Let me know if I missed you for feedback. It's been a pleasure everyone.
Can't wait to see what you do with your quilt. Now that I am holding your tinkerbell block in my hands, I am amazed at the fantastic stiching. You're inspiring me to try something new with my machine! I'm afraid that my first attempt at machine applique was not nearly as precise as yours is. You are an artist. So glad you participated in this boom!