View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 09:47 AM
Peckish

Originally Posted by paoberle View Post
I have used those vacuum storage bags for a variety of items. I once put some extra bed pillows in one. They flattened down and when removed they puffed back up with a little help. I don't think your quilts would flatten permanently, especially if you rinse them and then fluff in your dryer.
Actually, if they have cotton batting, they WILL get permanent creases in them, especially if you store them in vacuum bags.

I think you have a 2-part question: how to prevent permanent creases, and how to store many quilts in a small space.

There are several things you can do to prevent permanent creases in your quilts:
1. Use wool batting
2. Use pool noodles. If your quilt is larger than a pool noodle, use PVC piping stuck inside the noodles to join them.
2. Fold your quilts on the diagonal, and re-fold 3-4 times a year. Here's a tutorial with pictures:

http://sewkindofwonderful.blogspot.c...ng-quilts.html

As far as how to store many quilts in a small space, I defer to the suggestions listed above. I don't store many quilts; I either use them (rotating through the seasons) or I give them away.