View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 05:12 PM
wildyard

Originally Posted by mjmachin View Post
Yes, actually I do! While I am making the quilt I think of the person who will get it often, memories of that person or wishes for them for the future. When it is completed, before I give it away, I will wrap it around me, say a prayer for them, and ask the quilt to give them lots of love and hugs from me throughout their lives, hoping it brings them warmth and comfort. Then I feel ok giving it away. Crazy??? Maybe!! But I give my quilts away with a lot of love wrapped in them. I do the same with the ones I give to charity. Happy quilting!!
This is very similar to how I get my quilts ready to gift. Including the continuous positive thoughts throughout the process of making it. I also go over the quilt on both sides, double checking for issues and clipping any missed threads, lint, etc. that might be on it. The last thing I do is fold it carefully so that I can then fold the corner with the label back making the label the first thing they see. Many of my quilts are mailed so we also make sure that the label is top up in the package. I know that when one of my quilts is received it has all the love I can put into it.