Old 02-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Lisanne

I love all the pictures!

Sorry for those who lost power.

It isn't snowing here, but it's blowing.

Everything blows towards my front door - mine alone, not the people on either side of me, for some reason. I'm in a townhouse-style apartment with a front door under an overhang, the sidewalk just beyond that, and my parking space directly in front of the door on the other side of the sidewalk. The drift in front of my car is taller than I am! (I'm 5'2".) It's chest high on either side.

Somehow the maintenance guys got here and plowed a narrow path down the sidewalk, I guess so we can visit the neighbors. Can't drive - there's over a foot of snow in the parking lot. Though my neighbor next door got his SUV out and went to work.

Anyway, as I said, it all blows towards my entrance. I had to walk down the plowed sidewalk to the parking space of the guy next door, where it only came to mid-calf height in order to get past my drifts. The sides of my car had almost no snow on them - it had all blown towards the front. I cleaned off the back and sides, couldn't even reach the front hood for the drifts.

I'll go back out later, once my legs warm up again and get some more of the front. By the time I'd finished one side, the other was covered in a layer of blowing snow - but it's only a layer, not a foot of the stuff.