Old 04-27-2017, 06:25 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

I wasn't "allowed" to study Home Ec in high school. I had to learn Latin (2 years) and some other courses I wasn't interested in. I had 12 years of Latin mass and in elementary we dissected our missals so we knew what we were singing/saying. Anyway when my cousin took Home Ec and got an award for her efforts, I tried to learn as much from her as I could. I helped her alter her wedding dress she made from her own design. To make sure it fit right she turned it inside out and we pinched /took in where it needed it. Saturdays on PBS I learned over the years and on You Tube I picked up a few tips. Helped immensely the other day when my grandniece needed help with a top she loved but it was way too large (3 sizes). We both sat in front of PBS last Saturday and caught by chance the perfect episode. Funny because she was at home and I was at my home. She called me immediately. I found the episode on You Tube. When she gets out of school on Friday, she's coming to my house so we can stitch it up. Wish us luck.