Old 04-27-2017, 12:57 PM
Madgie Rae

Just wanted to join in by adding a few comments. First of all, I was a Home Ec. student with absolutely the MOST gifted teacher. Love and still do love her and am so grateful. She taught us to read a pattern and modify for basic changes . . . length in bodice, sleeve and skirt length etc. It served me well. I have never been one to be able to just "copy" a design or make desired changes other than the above with any success. It is only my opinion, but I feel that those that can just cut a pattern out from a piece of paper or just draw a design and go with it . . . are "gifted". I believe God gave them extra ability . . . just like one who can draw or paint, play music by ear etc. I was told that my maternal grandmother had this "gift", that when garments began to be shown in ads, etc. that people would bring her pics of what they wanted . . . their fabric and notions and she could make it. I wish that had become a gift of my genetic make-up . . . but sadly it didn't. KUDOS TO YOU GALS THAT CAN LOOK AT SOMETHING AND MAKE YOUR PATTERN OR JUST MAKE WHAT YOU WANT! I will be found reading the pattern envelope for suggested yardage, cutting and pinning on the pattern before cutting and using the guide sheet "religiously" until current project is finished.