View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 03:51 AM
annesthreads

Thanks for the latest "yes, it needs more quilting" replies. Not what I wanted to hear! Time is short. I don't want to get into FMQ on this one, , as I'm hopeless at it and it'd be very time-consuming as I have to take it so slowly. That's why I'd decide to stick to using my walking foot on this quilt. I'm reluctant to break up the picture squares with quilting, but it looks as if I may have to, as I take the point about the quilt needing to be as hard-wearing as possible. I may just do the lines down the quilt as I have on the aqua squares - hopefully the centres of the pictures will still stand out. Or someone suggested sewing along the seam lines across the quilt, but that might spoil the effect of the vertical lines, which I like. I could do a very simple motif (a square?) on the aqua squares, but I'm scared to use a marker on the light fabric, in case it won't come out easily. Thinking out loud here... I'll lay it out and keep looking at it till inspiration strikes... Thanksagain for all the input.