Old 04-29-2017, 06:09 PM
ladyinpurple135

Originally Posted by Walter'sMom View Post
I once saw a small quilt - 3 sunbonnet Sue's trudging along chained together with lead balls at their feet - with the words 'we touched the quilts' . It was very cute and eye catching.
My quilt guild here in Mooresville, NC started this type of "sign" in this area way back in 1997 and when those members left to start a new guild about 30 miles away they (the sun inner chain gang) went with the makers. We've use these (in my other guild) for all our shows and have gotten lots of interest. I belong to both guilds.

Also so I suggest that you don't give out those stupid plastic gloves when people pay their admission (yes, I'm really adamant on this!!). When I moved to NC from Phoenix I was appalled that this was happening as we always used white glove ladies (have also been called quilt anvels at other guulds) whose sole job was to move around all the quilts and make sure no one was touching anything they shouldn't. Of course we also had signs with a hand and the circle and slash to indicate no touching. The white glove ladies were also there to show the back of the quilt and to answer questions.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC