View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 01:31 PM
dc989

Default Mug Rugs for Bazaar

In early December I am helping an older friend with her table for our Christmas bazaar. I have done so for several years now. She is pretty dependent on the money she makes from her baked goods and jams and jellies. When we open at 9 a.m. she has folks lined up for her goodies. She is not as able to do the bazaar now and has asked me to add quilted items to her double space and she will cut back to only her best sellers. She does not want to give up her prime spot in the hall or to cut back the size of her area yet.

This is my question which is totally based on the fact that I want to complement her products and showcase her. I thought about making Christmas mug rugs with a simple mug containing a pack of cocoa and candy cane. I will lay out several opened packs and close up the others in a clear bag of some type. I would say each unit will cost about $5-$6 max to make. What kind of a price would you put on them? This is a smaller town and quilted items do not bring big city prices. I do not want to lose money and do not want to cut into her sales. I thought this would complement her products. Any thoughts or ideas on my thoughts?