View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 02:52 PM
jlt37869

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
You need to get together with jlamere as you have a very similar machine as hers

Does that include some extra long bobbins? It looks like part of your bobbing winder is missing. Also I think it takes a different needle. (I can't remember if jlamere' thread has actually listed the needle system that is for your machine).
Yes, I am also following her thread as our machines are so similar! It's interesting how these old machines "pop up". Makes one wonder what other machines might be hiding out in various attics and basements.

I have 2 bobbins and I have quite a few Domestic machine needles (in varying conditions). I will post a photo of the accessories/attachments this week.

As far as the needles, I do see the notch at the top of them. Does anyone still make this type of machine needle? If not, how are folks still sewing on these old treadles. If possible, I would like to buy new needles and a new belt. Otherwise, I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be sewing on it beyond testing it.

Thank you for all the info/links - that manual is helpful. I feel like I'm putting together a puzzle!

Last edited by jlt37869; 04-30-2017 at 02:54 PM.