Thread: selling quilts
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 07:27 AM
klswift

Also, I agree with the photography response. Not necessarily a professional, but quality. Draping over a fence in natural light is great. I have a redwood porch with white wicker chairs and one of my pics will always be a quilt draped over the chair. The contrast, the textures and the natural light all make the quilt 'personal' and 'real'. Then you can take one hanging so they see the whole front and back. You just need to grab their attention first. Treat it as you with any business, do the legwork first. Check your area, check ads, check stores, check out shows. What pricing will your area allow? A good place to get feedback is to submit to shows or fairs and talk to folks. What did they like about your quilts, what were the hesitant about? Maybe a local quilt shop will let you hang your quilt as inspiration for their customers. Or a small shop will let you do consignment. Unfortunately, there is no shortcut to making a profit - it always requires work! But, good luck, there is a great joy and fulfillment in getting a check for your product!