Old 05-01-2017, 03:34 PM
frogged

Hello, I take antihistamines pills which work really well for my allergies to dust, and animal dander. I get the sinus, eyes, throat, breathing issues. I also work around my triggers so wear a NIOSH mask. These masks filter out particles to a very high degree and they have to be tested to say they are NIOSH. Do a internet search there are many different brands and styles, because everyone's face is different and getting the right fit is critical to the mask working. You need to fit the top of the mask to the bridge of your nose then your glasses sit on top. No matter how great it say's it filters is useless if the mask doesn't fit, or if its is uncomfortable and unfiltered air leaks in around gaps. It also takes getting used to wearing it so you need to persevere for a bit. It can be a bit of trial and error to find the right mask and over the counter meds but this combination works for me. This may help you when you receive the tops to work with them to remove the pet hair/dander. I think the dryer with steam setting works for removing the fur I would not dry my own clothes with anything covered in fur. There are the silicon, and velvet lint brushes as well instead of tape. My last suggestion would be to add a air cleaner to the room you LA in as an extra bit of help, one that has a hepa filter. This is all an expense to you and can never be 100% dander free so limiting yourself to pet free may be an easier option.