View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 10:06 AM
CaliNana

I have had the Quilter's Cruise Control for 9 years...packaged deal with my Grace Next Gen Quilt Frame and Pfaff Grand Quilter sewing machine. I have been instructed by my dealer, fought with it myself and for all of those years waited for it to finally kick the bucket so that I could throw it away once and for all. It did all of the negative things other quilters have complained about including, thread breakage, bobbin slippage (mess on the back) and limited design abilities. Finally it just wouldn't work with the controller. At last I could toss it in the trash. But wait, my husband asked for a chance to make it right. He took it apart and found a wire that was clearly not soldered to the board. He is a machinist by trade and works for a company that has an IT department. He took it in to his coworker and happily it was fixable. The coworker explained that the wire was probably the problem all along. While sewing the wire would jiggle due to the vibration of the machine and become minutely disconnected, breaking the power circuit and causing the breakage on the thread. I am blown away how well this thing works now. Wish I had gotten it looked at earlier. Silly me.