Thread: Guilty?
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 06:38 AM
Wonnie

No, not at all. There's more than one reason people go out of business. Some owners just did not anticipate the work and headaches that could come with owning your own business. Some just didn't have any business experience to start with. Some didn't realize you usually don't show a profit until the 4th or 5th year and that you have to have the enough capital to run your business until then. One LQS owner I use to love to frequent simply walked over, locked the door and left after the owner of the building came in and informed her she was raising her rent yet again. Some owners try to bleed the last red cent out of a piece of fabric, never offer sales and are rude to customers. And, yes, I went to one who only stocked the fabrics she liked so if your tastes didn't mirror hers you never found what you needed. Currently I drive 76 miles round trip to an absolutely
delightful LQS who, also, sells fabric and notions on- line. The staff is gracious, accommodating and friendly and their fabric and notions, etc. sell out really quickly which enables her to have new fabric lines frequent. But, no, as others have said, if I go into other LQS's I would not feel obligated buy anything if there's nothing there I want or need.