View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 03:34 PM
mkc

Originally Posted by Donnamarie View Post
You MUST go to Mardens in Sanford Maine. Its kind of a junk store with a large fabric section with fantastic prices.
Just for those not familiar, Mardens isn't really a "junk" store per se, they specialize in purchasing surplus and salvage lots. They bid and buy merchandise from store closings, insurance claims, etc. When a well-known Sew and Vac had their fire a couple of years ago, all the machines ended up at Mardens (and one came home with me), as well as TONS of feet and other accessories. DH and I spend HOURS looking at all of them - most were new in box. We've gotten great deals on golf equipment (Sun Mountain, Ping, Titleist, etc.). Last year, DH scored some great high end woodworking items that had a (not Maine) state police evidence tag on them. We also just missed the beginning of a great golf equipment acquisition that was mostly sold in their Scarborough store. Earlier this year they announced a huge lot of quilting fabric from an insurance claim (watch their FB page for their deals).

It's kind of a big treasure hunt - you don't know what you'll find there, and if you see it and want it, buy it because it might not be there next time "I should have bought it.... when I saw it... at Mardens" is their theme song ;-)

Michelle

Last edited by mkc; 05-04-2017 at 03:36 PM.