View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 05:15 PM
Fotoula

Default Travel to the world of magic.

Hello everyone! I was browsing through the Internet a few months ago and I was impressed with the art of Gaelle Boinnosard. I thought it would be a great idea to make a quilt with some of her images for someone who has a very special place in my heart. So I bought some of her greeting cards, scanned them, enlarged them, and traced the images to make this quilt. Because I wanted to try something new, I decided to hand paint every image with permanent fabric markers and I used the tramputo technique on some of the dresses to puff them up. For every block, I used decorative stitche to make their uniqueness stand out. Adding to the various textures of the quilt, I also embroidered some flowers. To top it all off, I enclosed all these images within a iron gate and a hand-painted tree with branches, falling leaves, and birds.

Now for the more technical aspect, I used high loft batting and quilted it on my domestic machine.

Thanks for looking. I truly enjoyed making this quilt for a queen size bed! Happy quilting everybody![ATTACH=CONFIG]572597[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]572598[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]572599[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]572600[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]572601[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]572602[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]572603[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]572604[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]572605[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]572607[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   3.jpg   5.jpg   8.jpg   13.jpg  

6.jpg   16.jpg   21.jpg   17.jpg   18.jpg