Old 05-05-2017, 06:57 PM
letawellman

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
I am on the fabric moratorium thread on the QB so purchasing fabric is a luxury any more. I try to support the LQS but also buy at Joann. Generally, I buy now to supplement a project or fit in some missing pieces or backing.
Like MadQuilter, I too am on the FM thread. So, I have only purchased two bolts of backing fabric from Foust back in February. While I DO like to patronize the LQS's, I just really, REALLY do NOT need any more fabric.

However, BEFORE the moratorium, I have to admit it just really depended on my mood. Some days, I would go into the store (LQS, Mary Jo's, even a Hobby Lobby sometimes) and not see a single thing that tickled my fancy. Other days, I would go in and see something that I just HAD to have (and that's why my closet runneth over). Or, I would see or already have a pattern that really grabbed me, and I would just HAVE to get enough for that pattern (again, this is why my closet runneth over).

I'm trying to think of my family - if something happened to me, they wouldn't have the first clue what my stash, tools and machines are worth. So, I'm trying to FINISH UFO'S and USE MY STASH for the foreseeable future.

Of course, in the middle of that, I also quilt for others, have a "real" job (sometimes) and am growing a garden.