View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 12:58 PM
Manalto

Thanks for your replies. I should have mentioned that I would like to make a geometric-design quilt rather than one with pictures on it.

I like many of the color combinations mentioned here, especially the orange (salmon) and blue (teal). Makes me think of Miami for some reason.

What about mixing white and ivory? Too boring? Does the white make the ivory look dirty?

I've never been much for trends, in fact I probably put too much energy into avoiding them, so gray (or its British counterpart, grey) gets moved down the list.

The information that babies don't initially see pastels persuades me to use them. A beautiful palette of pastel tones that the baby grows, over time, to see and appreciate seems like just the ticket. I found a beautiful quilt with rows of multi-color disks about 2-3" in diameter on a white background, but there were no instructions with it. Any idea how to find them?

I'm not worried about spoiling the surprise so much; it's just that asking color preferences, while that would be a good idea with most people, wouldn't accomplish much with someone this particular. I might get the wrong shade of the right color. That's why I'm leaning toward shades of white.

Last edited by Manalto; 05-09-2017 at 01:06 PM.