View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 05:09 AM
Barb in Louisiana

Originally Posted by Sauki1 View Post
Love the dark center theme Barb

Quiltmaker here's to a speedy recovery. Had heart surgery myself to repair an aneurysm a few years back. You'll be up and running in no time
Thanks Sauki1. When I started my monthly blocks, they were so boring that I had to do something. I had done the first Jan block and it was okay but I didn't "like" it. When the second block was added, I knew I had to do something and do it quick. The Friendship Star in the center of the Spinning Blades block was a natural to add some punch. I wanted to stay within the color range I had chosen...you know...a good guy quilt, so I made the center the dark brown. That meant I had to rip out the first center I had done and put some punch there. It worked. It's been fun trying to figure out how to get the "punch" in the middle without overwhelming the block. I know..way more info than you wanted, but I thought it might help some beginner piecer/quilter out there.

I haven't done two of the blocks yet, because I am not a fan of a flower pot looking block unless it is on point. Well, I have decided to put my blocks on point with multicolored sashing between them and cornerstones. Now I can make the 2 blocks that really demand an on point setting. Soon I hope to start with the sashing. This is going to turn out to be a very nice quilt. I love EQ for helping show me what a quilt has the potential to be.
Attached Thumbnails bhd-eq-point-setting-jan2may-blocks.jpg  

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 05-11-2017 at 05:15 AM.