View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 05:09 AM
twinkie
Power Poster

Default Sheriff's Department Donation Quilt

Our quilt guild has furnished lap quilts to the Sheriff's Department to use when a child is caught up in a bad situation. Our guild meets 2 - 3 times a week and I kept seeing four large blocks on a chair in the sewing room. I asked what they were for and the president said, " One of the members took a class on a puzzler quilt and didn't like how they were turning out so she donated them to the guild to use in a donation quilt."

After three months of looking at these blocks I decided I would take them home and see what I could do with them. The block in the lower right hand corner could have been turned so the color block was in the far corner. I didn't notice it until I went out to take a picture. I am sure that young children are not quilt inspectors yet so I am going to let it go. That same block with the green color in it had fabric that was a small zebra print with a zebra head in it. I had some of the same fabric that was a little larger so I decided to use it in the border. Hope it brings joy to a troubled child.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]572962[/ATTACH]

Thanks for looking
Attached Thumbnails repurposed-donation-quilt..jpg