View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 05:11 AM
moonrise

Originally Posted by redstilettos View Post
Moonrise. You are a very talented woman! Your quilts are coming together quickly and are inspiring me to take time to smell the roses (at least the roses on my fabric!).

Your painted rocks are fabulous! Love the two black ones and the watermelon. Did that skillset take you long to master?

Whomever finds them will have a real treasure
Aw, thanks. There's really not much to them, though, especially the dotted ones. I used dotting tools for painting fingernails, a piece of a dowel rod, and a pencil to make the dots. Here's a video for an example. Just dip the tool into the paint, and dot it on the rock. The flowers are just a ring of 5 or 6 dots, with another dot for the center.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZTr8dNJmt8

The watermelon one is kind of funny, because in the container of rocks I bought, there was one with a big chunk broken out of it. I almost threw it away, but then realized it kind of looked like a watermelon. A little red, green, and white paint, and some "seeds" made with a paint marker, and suddenly I had a watermelon! Paint markers make drawing details and writing words super-easy.