View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 04:41 PM
madamekelly

You simply must come to see me! I live in the greenest state. If you drive 100 miles east, you will be able to go skiing, and playing in the snow year round. If you drive 100 miles west, you have Newport, Oregon, where you can enjoy "Madame Tussaud's" wax museum, and the "Ripley's Believe It Or Not" museum, and walk on the beach, and some of the best seafood you will ever find, and even a ship in the marina turned into a restaurant.
If you drive 100 miles north of me, you can visit the fabulous city of Portland, OR where they have Voodoo Donuts, the largest variety of craft beers, a variety of beautiful city parks (to go for a beautiful quiet walk in the trees, to feed the ducks, play baseball, swim, or just spread a blanket and read), a zoological garden where they have become world wide experts in the breeding of elephants (and a tram so you don't have to, but you can walk the miles to see it all), go to "The Grotto" (a natural cathedral with a replica of Michelangelos "The Pieta" in ta natural arched formation in a cliff side) and ride the elevator to the top and enjoy a panoramic spectacular view of the Columbia River Goege that runs between Oregon and Washington state in a glass room. Portland prides itself in having mass transit (bus, train, trolley) to reach nearly everything.
In my little town and area we have seven old style covered bridges, a mountaintop viewing area to see nearly all of the Willamette Valley in all her glory, especially in late spring early summer, fishing nearly everywhere, and a very polite police force., and on August 21, 2017 we will be in an area to see the complete solar eclipse! (at 9:04 am. I am so excited! )
We are fortunate to have a large quilting population nearby, so there are quilt shops all around us within a one hour drive of less Ievery community, my personal favorite is "Finally Together" right here in Lebanon, Oregon. Our weather is wonderful, but if you don't like it right now, give it 10minutes, it will change.
The best thing to me, is that we are a mornings drive from Sisters, Oregon and the spectacular quilt show!