View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 05:50 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

Default Getting motivated, finally!!

Often it takes a little or a lot to get motivated. Yesterday it motivation kicked in with a gentle push because of the husband's need of his favorite pillow. Actually it may have begun the day before when I washed our pillows and couldn't get his back into shape. It was all encased (sewn shut). Never had this problem before but forgot to, I call it 'doll stitch" baste his pillow. Couple tacks to keep it's shape. Well we openedit up and thought that was the end of it. Went to Walmart and got a replacement. That didn't work. Straightened up the old one but need to mend the case. That got us motivated to drag out the 401 (was going to get the sewing room redone first, but other things first. Had to reset the tension and do couple test leader/ender pieces. Finally, got the pillow finished and on the bed. Found myself just giving the room a decent cleaning and separating some miscellaneous scraps. Also got the other Singer out and gave it a good cleaning and ran a few leader/enders under it's needle. That is the most motivated I've been in a while. Got up early this morning and went through some more scraps. the room doesn't look like much right now but it has had a lot of activity in the past 48 hours. Getting my drill charged as I write this since I need to make some holes and hang some rulers and a pegboard. That will have to wait til the hubs gets home. The hubs need to sleep woke up the sleeping quilter a little.