View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 07:39 PM
barbarakibler23

This is so Cool! I have not heard of this either. Now I want to find where Moonrise is traveling. One of the local school districts did something like this. The had every student in each of the elementary school paint a rock. Then laid them around the school entrance in a path. Told the kids that each stone is different just like you are but look how they make a path by working together. Thought that was really cool also.

I gonna get some paints and make some rocks. Maybe I will start to leave my own. Remember that copy someones idea is the greatest form of flattery . (Or I just can't come up with these great ideas on my own)

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
Oh! Here's the project I mentioned earlier, where I was waiting on the sealer to dry. They're painted rocks. Our vacation (woo hoo!) is coming up next month, and we're planning a very scenic road trip through North Carolina. I'm going to leave a rock whenever we stop, hoping it'll bring a smile to the person who finds it. I'd never heard of it before, but DH found a painted rock awhile back when we were camping, and it turns out that it's a game of sorts. The finder can pass the rock along to someone else, or they can keep it. I just thought it would be fun. Here's a pic of some of my favorites. Keep in mind that I'm a better quilter than a painter! LOL! (That black, gray, and white mandala rock in the center is mine. I actually liked how it turned out, and now I don't wanna give it up! hee hee)

Edit: I forgot to mention: The backs of the rocks have words on them like inspire, smile, relax, breathe, luck, make a wish, etc.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]572961[/ATTACH]