Thread: April - Boom 18
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 03:37 AM
Janice McC

Muslim quality varies a great deal. I've got a gorgeous piece I bought at an LQS many years ago. It's definitely worthy of being used in blocks, not just on the back. I also have a few smaller pieces that are poor quality. I love Muslim and may finally use my good piece as a constant on a scrappy quilt I plan for the future. (But I must finish a couple of UFOs first.).
Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Has anyone used muslim on the backing of a quilt? I bought some backing 108" got home laid it out with the top and it was about 18" too narrow...Went to a meeting at the Lake of the ozarks today and our headquarters is rigt in front of a Joanns so went in to get another yard..NONE matching so I bought 3 yards of 120" muslim...Got home and put it on the top and you could see every single color and seam of the back of the top..hated it...so its back to Joanns in Columbia to hope they have some more of the lst one I bought...At least the 50-60% off coupons saved me from doing too much bad words...but now I have 120" of white muslim to store..ugh..I had NO idea muslim was that thin!