Thread: Jelly Roll Help
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 11:10 AM
Amking409

Default Jelly Roll Help

As many of you know a few weeks back Joann fabric had a great sale on all pre Cutts. I was able to buy enough for several projects I would like to do.
I had the block in mind for my 1st quilt. A quilt for my youngest to take to college this fall. I layed out 1st block every thing was great, love the color, fabric, pattern. Tho when looking at it decided it was a bit larger than I wanted. No problem. I'll save this for a pillow sham. This is when things went down hill and wouldn't work. The blocks on the next set were so off and uneven. At this point I recheck all my work and everything was spot on. I then start measuring the strips and they are all so unbelievably off. (My 1st block was just a fluke.) I can't seem to get the strip even. They are like a roller coaster. I have read that people are just returning them and then others are saying for the price they will trim them up. I have already spent hours going through and trimming them with no significant change. I have also tryed another block Trying to hide the unevenness. This isn't great either. I would call myself a beginner, so it maybe a combination of something I'm missing and the uneven strips.
I'm hoping that someone has a method to trim up these strips. Or help me jump ship and I'll get some moda jelly rolls and fat quarters. Thanks for taking time to read this.