View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 12:08 PM
Dina

I made my first Bargello 3 years ago and was hooked. I have two suggestions for you.

The first is to buy a book by Eileen Wright called Twist and Turn Bargello Quilts. The book has great instructions and about ten Bargello patterns. One of the patterns is for a place mat and is designed for a first time Bargello maker. She walks you through every step very carefully. I bought my book on Amazon. The first quilt I made from her book was Surf Song. You can't go wrong with this book.

My second suggestion is a free pattern called Serenity Bargello. Here is where to get it. It's instructions sort of assume you already understand the Bargello process. But it is free....

http://www.tqmproducts.com/Data/Site...attern2015.pdf

I am going to attach a picture of my Surf Song from Eileen Wright's book. It is the first picture. The second is one of the quilts that I made from the Serenity Bargello pattern. I sort of made mine larger than the pattern suggested, but it is basically that pattern.

Maybe the pictures will help you figure out what you want to do. Like I said, I am hooked. I am working on my 17th Bargello right now, an original design though...no pattern.

Have fun! (Can you tell I like purple??? )

Dina
Attached Thumbnails s8001610.jpg   s8002130.jpg