View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 06:36 AM
MizMelly

And a little about me:
I'm retired as of June 30th of 2016. (yeah!!) I started my career upon graduating from Arizona State, working at the university libraries (grunt work). From there, I graduated to a job with the local Community College district, and over the next 30+ years I worked at several different college campuses pretty much doing what I did best for the college libraries. Last position was as an operations manager at the one college where distance learning was the main focus. By this time, the libraries were mostly delivering information electronically (at least at my location), so we had very little foot traffic and less work as time went on. I think I retired out of sheer boredom! I haven't looked back either. Yep, happy to be FREE!! Now I spend my days piddling around with my container garden & sunflowers, and sewing wonderful things for craft shows. Currently I've been making all manner of aprons, infinity scarves, and I have Christmas stockings and other various bags and such on the agenda too. It keeps me busy and creative! But I don't want to neglect my quilting, so I keep my finger on the pulse of the QB and join various swaps. The pile of UFOs or stuff not yet touched is astronomical, but that doesn't deter me in the least!! It's all sewing and all fun every day!!
Oh yes, I live in the great southwest desert of Arizona where we have rain so infrequently that it's like a major holiday when the wet stuff falls from the sky!
P.S. I'm addicted to watching HGTV and DIY -- mostly the reno shows and tiny house living. How can those people give up so much "stuff"??? (read, my fabric stash and multiple sewing machines??!!!!)