View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 03:46 AM
mengler

Originally Posted by Sephie View Post
I hate to pin. I stink at it, so I only do it for things that are absolutely necessary. It never lays as flat as I want it to, and never seems absolutely secure. I much prefer to use wonderclips, but even then, sometimes it's just more effort than I think should be needed.

A small piece of Double Sided tape works wonders! I was making a bunch of HSTs and Flying Geese yesterday, and put a small piece on either side of the stitch lines, and they held together perfectly! Bonus: I was ironing them today and noticed that when I was removing them (easily) that they're still sticky so they can be re-used. A roll of the tape is only a couple bucks, and I'll get tons of mileage out of one roll. Obviously it won't work for certain things, but it was great for this use!

Note - don't stitch through the tape or iron it. It'll gum up your needle, and possibly melt.

Hi. I feel ya. Have you tried glue? Sharon Shambor (sp?) turned me on to glue basting. https://sharonschamber.com/pages/video-tutorials

I mix WASHABLE elmers school glue with a spoon or 2 of water in an applicator bottle with a blunt luer needle. I puts dots of glue on the seem allowAnce for so many things. You CAN iron it and sew thru it no problem then one day it all washes out. It's great for keeping trims like ric rack in place. I also glue baste large quilts. It was life changing. Check it out.
Max from VA