View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 01:43 PM
RedGarnet222
Power Poster

I began quilting before the cutting mats and rulers. It was templets and eyeball the 1/4" cutting it out with scissors. I also hand pieced. Boy, am I ever glad for those clever ladies who developed those! My first one was a old fashioned hand pieced, cathedral window quilt and I had it about half finished when where I had it stored flooded and ruined them all. :~(

Later down the road, I did manage to make two twin sized strip machine made denim quilts for my boys beds that they took with them when they moved out. They had those quilts until they shredded they loved them so much.

I guess the next one was a blue and pink log cabin I made as a christmas gift for my best friend. It was a elemore burns Quilt in a Day , you tear strips pattern and I loved how fast it went. Next was a sun bonnet sue, all hand done. That was fun but slow going. A lady talked me into selling it to her. But, when the rulers and mat came out, look out! I was in total love with quilting as a pastime hobby, all the time.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 05-20-2017 at 01:47 PM.