View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 05:11 AM
Weezy Rider

I'd bought a used Pfaff 1471. Trying out every thing in the manual and wanted a quilt for our king bed. I did House on a Hill. Doing the blocks wasn't hard - quilting the dang thing was. I'd used high loft batting, and my sewing desk backed up to a window so no room for quilting to go. After that, I'd had enough and took up heirloom sewing.

Looked around on the internet and found QAYG. That got me started again. It's a lot easier that trying to do a King quilt on small machine. I still have a Pfaff, but a 2144. I've embroidered a couple of rag quilts using the fancy templates from a book or what I could put in via digitizing software. Changing plates on the machine got to be a bit of a drag (I had a single hole plate along with the regular plate) so I bought a quilter. Tried a Brother PQ 1500, wasn't quite happy with it, and got the Juki 2010. That one is a keeper.

The House on the Hill quilt lasted for a few years, then started to fray since I'd used some bargain fabric.
It went to Ferret Rescue. She cut it up, stitched the edges and gave it to unwanted ferrets to cuddle in.

Last edited by Weezy Rider; 05-21-2017 at 05:14 AM.