View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 05:00 AM
AnngelAnne

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Leta, the right job will come. Hang in there!

Cerise, welcome aboard!

Update on the hospital quilt - Apparently the pennant quilt was the big item at their raffle. I'm happy. Now there are potential customers who want me to make quilts from baby clothes or t-shirts. I don't do that. I told my friend who works there and she was shocked. She recently lost her husband and my only break from the fabric moratorium was to get fabric for a little lap quilt for her. I gave it to her yesterday when she was on her way to work. I told her to bring the quilt in with her to show them what nice people who write thank you's get. I suggested that perhaps I'd get orders that way. She asked how much would I charge. I told her I'd have to figure it out. She suggested $75! I don't think so. The fabric cost over $30, never mind the batting, thread, and my time. She was shocked again. People look at cheap quilts in Walmart and base their prices on that. *sigh* Anyway, here's her quilt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]573444[/ATTACH]
This quilt is very striking, I really like it. I fell, fell, fell, hard for me off the wagon this weekend. I got about $60 worth of material. Most of it I know or have an idea what I will do with it. But how do you resist good quality material at $1.99 clearance. I tried to walk away, but my feet came right back and I had to follow them. I'm happy. So I'll get back on with plenty of work to keep me busy and distracted from other eye catching sales.