View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 12:15 PM
NikkiLu

My first quilt is still unfinished after 40+ years. I don't remember the name of the pattern, but it had some very difficult piecing, so I decided to only piece about 1/2 of the block and then applique it to a big square of white fabric by hand - it was a scrap quilt - with each block a different print. The pieced part had about an 8 piece star/seams all coming together in the middle - which did not fit whatsoever - big humps in every block. Then a few years ago, my BFF was selling her long-arm machine and asked if I had any quilt tops that needed machine quilting - so I took my top to her along with a plain white backing and she machine quilted it for me. There was enough backing all around to just have a self-binding. I did not want to even do that because I would have to hand sew it down and I am SURE that the first time it is washed that it will come apart. So, it sat for a few more years and now my youngest DD (a quilter herself) has taken it to Kentucky to finish it. Yeah right - she is too busy now, so it probably will be a few more years before it is finished.