Gaijin - 5/8
Aborning - 5/9
happylab - 5/13
oldcatlady - 5/13
lum - 5/15
Nelco - 5/16
Anoka Quilter - 5/22
Trish B - 5/22

I'll open the rest of the squishies in just a bit and will get a photo.

Originally Posted by Jane Quilter View Post
Hey moonrise. This is the best time to sell a house (right after school closes). People love to move between school terms. and you can put your house on the market with the basement full of stuff, you just can't "close" on the deal. You don't want to miss opportunities because you are cleaning. And buyers know you are serious about selling when they see you hauling out the stuff. ie. its not a bad thing not to be done before you list and show the house.
We had an unnoticed water leak in the far corner of the basement a few years ago (we almost never go down there), and it messed up two pieces of paneling, two pieces of sheetrock, and part of the ceiling. We've gotta clear the stuff out just so we can get to that corner and make some repairs. There's no serious damage, and DH fixed the leak ages ago, but the paneling and ceiling look awful. Putting myself in the buyer's shoes, the appearance would probably scare me away. There are a few minor repairs and "sprucing up" that need to be done upstairs, too. DH works 12-hour shifts, so it's going slower than we'd like, but hopefully we'll get there soon. We're aiming for the end of July or first part of August, but it just depends on how fast we can finish things up. We're already done a lot ... upgraded kitchen (90% complete), new flooring in the living room, new paint inside and out (80% complete), new garage doors, new kitchen and bathroom faucets, several new light fixtures, landscaping, tree trimming, etc.