View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 04:01 PM
angelicak777

Default It feels like it's taking SO long...

I started piecing my quilt in 2014, right before my husband did an 8-week emergency stint in the Neuro/Cardiac ICU's. I put it away for a while after that, as he recovered (took a lot of my time and energy) and we moved across the state, then the country and I began school full time; general "life happens" stuff. Now I have dug it back out again and am trying to make more headway. I am hand-quilting 100% and I realize that will take longer, but holy buckets. I am ready to just get it put together and start the actual quilting!!

My other problem is, I wasn't sure if I would like quilting when I started this project. That being the case, I didn't want to invest a lot into something I might not keep up with and I bought the ugliest fabric ever because it was on sale for a very good price. LOL. Now that I know I like sewing, whenever I visit quilt/fabric shops to grab supplies I glance through the fabric and have slowly started collecting some beautiful stuff. I just want to drop the one I have and work with the prettier stuff.

How long did it take to finish your first quilt? Hand or machine? Is it "against the rules" to start a new project before finishing the last?