View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 05:31 AM
angelicak777

Thank you, to everyone!! My hubbz is ok, he had an infection that settled in his heart and once he was hospitalized for that, a piece broke off causing an aneurysm in his brain. It was a long year. He will need valve replacement every 5-7 years now, but other than that it's like it never happened.

Thanks for the great perspective on this project!! I think the hard part for me is I have already spent so much time on it and I am really not a patient person, haha!! I am hoping to get a machine by the end of the year. This is the first thing I have ever sewn and didn't want to invest until I knew I liked it. We have a cool place here that offers a studio space with machines to use for $12/hr so I will probably go check it out and learn to machine sew before I buy one.

I am a relatively young person and I think part of the draw of hand quilting is that it's sort of become a "lost art" and is there really anything as beautiful as a quilt done by hand? I am the same way when it comes to cooking...I do everything from scratch, including baking my own bread. There's just a satisfaction in doing things the old-fashioned way. I might start looking for the pattern for my next quilt and getting the fabrics together while I slowly finish this one. Maybe it'll motivate me to complete this one faster. I just want to do at least one completely by hand.