View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 05:52 AM
Jennifer23

That looks like a nice machine. Definitely ask your service guy if he can help you out with it.

I'm just guessing, but here are my thoughts:

I think the H-L switch is for motor speed. It's on the motor housing, and there is a knob on the machine bed that will raise and lower the feed dogs. The low speed setting might give more power for thicker fabric, or might just allow for slower sewing.

The top dial on the right sets the stitch length (in millimeters). Press the R in the middle to reverse.

The slider at the top engages the internal cams for fancy stitches. When it is in the left position (like it is now) it will do straight stitch or zigzag. Move it to the right for fancy stitches, and rotate the knob right next to it to choose the stitch set. Then turn the lower knob on the right to choose the stitch pattern from within the set. That lower right hand knob will also set the stitch width of the zigzag (if top slider is at the left).

I haven't figured out what the 1-2 switch at the top would do... I don't recall seeing anything like that before.

I don't think it was made by Singer... Singer typically didn't sell machines under other names. I could be wrong, though. If you take the machine out of the case base and look at its underside, are there any other markings or numbers? That might help narrow down who made it. Let us know how it sews!

Last edited by Jennifer23; 05-24-2017 at 05:56 AM.