Thread: Juki DX7
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 02:11 PM
Patricia Drew

Hi Shepanth!

Yes, I did buy my DX7 from Civit. They don't have a store as such. They have been Juki dealers for industrial machines for years in Montreal. They have offices in an industrial area in Montreal.

When I bought my TL2010Q, which is a strictly mechanical machine, I bought it online. I had done research and was pretty sure that it would be trouble-free. It was.

When it came time to buy the DX7, which was my first computerized machine, I decided to go with a dealer, in case of any problems down the line. Civit was the only one.

I paid $1,600 Can., and we picked up the machine from their office. So I'm not sure what, if any, shipping charges would be involved.

I dealt with them in French, so I'm not sure about their fluency in English. But I would think that if they have dealt with industrial clients here in Montreal, they would have had to deal with some clients in English.

I had a problem with my DX7 several weeks after buying it. It was mainly due to unclear instructions in the Owner's Manual. Civit were very good! They ordered a new throat plate for me (they had it shipped from Japan), apologized for the bad translation in the Manual (from Japanese to English, I guess), and gave me precise instructions on how to avoid the problem in future. No charge. They could have been cheap and say that it was my fault for not following the Manual. I was impressed by their customer service.

I've had the machine for a little over a year now. I use it a lot. I piece on it, do a lot of decorative stitches on crazy quilt blocks, and do free motion quilting on small projects. Great machine as far as I'm concerned.

I'd strongly recommend that you get in touch with Civit, and have a chat with them. Then you can compare with the deal you're getting from the Ontario distributor.

I'm not sure, but I would think that Civit would charge you for shipping to North Bay.

Nice to hear from someone in Canada. If you feel like it, you could join us in the Chatroom when you have time.

In any event, keep us posted.