Old 05-25-2017, 06:31 AM
jamze2

Default Help! When washing quilt blocks stained other areas of white during washing

My spouse found a recipe on this site using 1 scoop biz, 1 scoop oxy clean, per 1 gallon of hot water with directions to soak for 48 hours to remove yellowing in old quilts. I did this and got a long good except for 1 quilt the red quilt block dye ran into and transferred into other plain white border areas of the quilt where the red pieces were touching the white parts during soaking. I rinsed in 1 cup vinegar per gallon as directed and rinsed 3 times but have not dried the quilt. How do I get this red stain that has transferred to the white areas in numerous places now out of my vintage quilt. This is a very special wedding ring quilt my grandmother made and feel terrible now that the white is nice and white but ruined it with the red blotches where the red quilt pieces were touching during the soaking process. Please Help!!!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-25-2017 at 09:32 AM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS