Thread: April - Boom 18
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 09:03 AM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Wow... we are all chatting up a blue streak today! Love it!

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Opps sorry for the huge picture, don't know how that happened
I like huge pictures! I can actually see what I'm looking at. And I love your couch! LOVE that tropical leaf fabric. You did an awesome job. The secret to easy zippers is to put them in first, while you are working with flat pieces. Then sew the rest of the cushion, bag, dress or whatever it is.

Batting question: I buy huge rolls (30 yards) from Marshalls Dry Goods and just stand them on end. The poly ones are GINORMOUS once you remove the plastic. I have taken over my son's old room for quilting and they are up there. When I need some I lay the roll on the bed, roll out what I need, and cut it off.

MJP... you fell! Glad you are ok and I hope you got your head checked out. You of all people know you need to get checked whenever you hit your head. I bet those hot springs felt good.

Thanks to all for the good wishes for my back. Disc replacement was the first thing I asked about, but was told that it's not possible once you have bone-on-bone, as I seem to. But, that wasn't the dr. telling me that so I will still ask about it. Oh how I'd love to have a new disc!

I get plenty of therapy already teaching yoga and water exercise. I agree that water therapy is wonderful... esp. if you can get in a warm water (arthritis) pool. My new car has heated seats and I keep them on high all the time. They are a Godsend. Warm therapy helps my back muscles relax. But I do think I need the steroid injection for right now, to help my injured sciatic nerve to heal. Will know more when I see the spine doc on the 6th.

Well, today is our 32nd anniversary! The hubs and I have made it through all the ups and downs of life together! He's still my best friend and love... and sometimes pain in the butt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]573610[/ATTACH]
sorry about the glare
Attached Thumbnails dsc03667-small-.jpg