View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 11:44 AM
MarionsQuilts

Default Best way to remove paper piecing paper!

For those of you that use regular printer paper (like I do), I have just discovered the BEST method ever to get rid of all the paper in the back of your quilt!

Usually, when I PP, I take the paper off before I put it all together, however, this one was a bit more complicated in that I had to make sure I was following the lettering of the blocks (there were 6), and it wasn't always apparent how they were going to line up.

I started with this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]573614[/ATTACH]

I spent 15 minutes and got 3 blocks of paper removed. NOT a way I want to spend my time! And I was tempted to just toss it to the side and get to it "whenever".

I'm not a huge TV fan, so not something I could do while watching TV, and some of the pieces are so small (the white borders) that it was so frustrating to get all the pieces of paper off. So, I googled removing paper piecing and someone posted (on this board believe it or not!!!) to toss the whole thing in the washing machine!

So I did ... quick cycle of 20 minutes, cold water, no detergent (note - I had NOT squared my quilt up yet, so I didn't care about fraying edges of the border).

This is what I ended up with:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]573615[/ATTACH]

NOT counting the mess of my washing machine LOL ... but - that took me 5 minutes with the vacuum cleaner ... A LOT faster than tearing it all off!

My next step is to go over it with a lint brush to get the "remnants" off ... but definitely a time saver!

This is the front in case you didn't see my other post!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]573616[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_1529.jpg   img_1532.jpg   img_1528.jpg