Thread: April - Boom 18
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 04:35 PM
marija

Glad your ok mjp. Maybe you should take the fallproof class. (ha-ha) I wish a were 57 again. The cushions are beautiful Terri. Everyone that is under the weather, get well soon.
Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
I love the cushions Terri. The fabric is gorgeous and the zippers are impressive
Marietta if the therapy is in the pool it can be very effective. I wish you luck with that. Good for you, putting the work in therapy before you go to the surgery option.

I thought i would would be joining you ladies in the PT department. A few weeks ago while hiking in NM I stepped on some skree and took a tumble backwards, hit my head on a rock and tumbled feet over head down the hill and stopped just before a tree. I did what I tell my students to do , stopped, assessed, and made sure I wasn't really hurt until my husband let me know I was sitting in the midst of a red ant swarm. We found my glasses and hiked out. We were three hours by windy road from medical facilities or phone and I didn't think I had a concussion so we stayed put and DH kept a close eye on me. I was back to kayaking the next day but even now, I'm still a little sore from the fall. We did make good use of the hot springs. Thankful that I didn't break anything. I think all the exercise I normally do helped. I continued kayaking and hiking but not when I was tired. I attribute the fall to hiking while tired. I had done challenging (for me)yoga and a long kayak that day before the hike. Too much! Oh to have my 26 year old body instead of this 57 year old body. I guess I shouldn't complain though. I got out of that with not much damage.