View Single Post
Old 05-28-2017, 03:38 AM
joivey

Default Fix your own microwave

I am so proud of myself. I recently had an issue where my over the range microwave door would not close tightly, so the microwave did not work. I stopped in to two local dealers and described the problem with them. Both said "replace the microwave", which would be $250+, plus installation of $160 to take out the old microwave and slide in the new. I googled the problem and there were videos describing exactly the problem and how to replace the latch inside the door. I got the model number from the door and researched how and where to order the part. The cost of the part ranged anywhere from $3.77 to $20 plus shipping which also was another $20, in one case. Bottom line, I found the part for $3.77 in a town 30 miles away, went there and picked it up (plus a spare if this happened again) and put in in myself in 5 minutes. Works great now!!! Sooooo, the moral of this story is, do your own research and be your own advocate before your spend your money of something you do not have to do. Besides, that money I saved would buy a lot of fabric.
Jo Ann